Saturday, August 29, 2009

Welcome

Those of you who know me know that my life changes a bit at the beginning of each September. I spend way too much time thinking about, watching, analyzing, and all-around enjoying College Football, particularly my Arkansas Razorbacks. I have been a fan of the Hogs my entire life. I will never forget the jealousy I felt when my brother's Scout troop went to sell Cokes when Miami came to town, or the joy I felt inside War Memorial stadium on a miserably cold, rainy Friday that my Hogs were slaughtered by LSU. None of those factors could dampen the excitement of my first live game. Since those years of wishing I could go, and cherishing my only chance, I've never taken going to Razorbacks' games for granted. I can even tell you that the Hogs are 40-22 with me in attendance (that record took a hit last season, with the team losing 4 of the 5 games I was able to go see). Every game I go to is a special opportunity, and I make the effort to see as many as possible.

It's much harder to see games these days, since moving to Florida in May 2007. I also struggle just a bit to feel connected to my Hogs, since so much has changed in the last two years. When I left Fayetteville, we were coming off a 10-win season, a trip to the SEC Championship game, and an appearance in the top non-BCS bowl game. What happened over the next two seasons was a bit tough to watch, but I know it's just a sour time for the program and the rebound is coming. Trust me, my fandom didn't go anywhere, and I'll be along for the ride back up the rankings. Living down here forces me to miss out on a little of the day-to-day Razorback news, but sometimes that's not entirely a bad thing. I also have expanded my horizons, beginning to cheer for my fiancee's alma mater, the Knights of the University of Central Florida (UCF is 5-3 with me in the stands). Add that to the side trips I've made to see games at the Swamp, to watch Big East action at USF, and, oh yeah, the opportunity to go to the Super Bowl last season, and my love of the game is as strong as ever.

So, why am I blogging? It's really just for my own entertainment. I have come to find out, over the years, though, that some people enjoy my photoessays of the trips I take to watch various teams. I'm always watching out for the obscure, and the "moments" that make College Football what it is. This blog will feature the same reports some of you have seen in previous years on Myspace and on Facebook. I'll also muse about football in general, as I plan out my viewing and betting (!!) schedule for the week, and will welcome/encourage your comments on those fronts. Let me know you're here! Participate! Leave Comments! The more poeple I think are reading, the more likely I am to put a little mor eeffort into this. If you don't know me, welcome to my world. Drop me a note. As much as I love talking, I love hearing the experiences of others. Here's to another beautiful season of the sport I love!

No comments:

Post a Comment