Saturday, September 19, 2009

The season so far

So, if you've followed me over the years you know it's rare for me to be sitting at home for a third straight week without a football adventure on my plate today. I thought I'd share a glimpse at my football season so far, even though it's all been spent in "the City Beautiful". (For you out-of-towners, that's Orlando's dumb nickname. Don't ask.)


Saving for a wedding is tough, so sometimes football trips go to the back burner. There has been plenty of gridiron action this fall, though. Gina just started a new teaching job, her first at a High School. That gives me a team to root for down here, even if their mascot is every offensive Indian stereotype they could think of!


















Last night, her new school took on her Alma Mater, giving her mixed feelings about a game. Which brings us to today! Her Georgia Bulldogs are in Fayetteville to take on my Razorbacks. In case you missed it, my favorite sports writer took up the issue in this week's mailbag. Check it out. http://ncaafootball.fanhouse.com/2009/09/18/mailbag-crocodile-mccheerleader/#cont . We have decided watching this one takes precedent over seeing UCF live, so I'm giving up tickets to watch the Knights take on Buffalo, to sit at home and enjoy the 38 GAMES that will pass by my screen!!




Anyway, just wanted to update the blog, even though the season's adventures haven't started yet! Next week, we're headed to Tuscaloosa for the Hogs and the Tide, so expect an awesome update then!

No comments:

Post a Comment