Thursday, October 22, 2009

Taken out to the Swamp!!

So..it took me a few days to get over pictures like this...


... and put up a few of my own.
The trip to North Central Florida is always a fun one. You never know what you'll see in such beautiful places as Ocala. (Wesley Snipes is totally right about that town!)



And even when you get to the stadium, things don't get any more normal.
From these guys outside...

To the geography lesson inside the stadium...


... to (I swear!!) the Pledge of Allegiance. I know I include this in my photoblog everytime I go to the Swamp, but it's just SO weird!!


Anyway, we weren't there to salute our flag, we were there for some football. I was shakin with excitment by the time the game started, because I "had a feeling" about this one. (I also had that song in my head b/c they played it non-stop. )

The fans we met only made me want the game worse, especially THIS kid, who's hideous Gator costume ("A Chistmas Story" bunny, anyone?) took up most of Gina's leg room.

It wouldn't take long for 90,000 to learn what I already knew, that this would be no cakewalk.

Hogs scored first....

...and even gave us reason to smile...
... as the clock ticked down.
Unfortunately, they've got a pretty good QB...

... and they'd climb right back into it.
I kept yelling for the Hogs to call a proven winner (the famous Head-Knee play that worked so well for Kentucky)...


.. but it never happened.
I like this picture. The team huddled talking specifics, and Bobby P. staring down the enemy as we head to clutch time. If only we could read his mind!

You all know what happened next. This is the last picture I took before burying my head in my hands, refusing to watch the winning FG.

In the end, there's no way to be too disappointed, and I can't wait to see the Gators again.... next year in Atlanta! (I told their fans that, too.)
Annual trip to Mississippi is off, but I can already start planning for a November trek to Death Valley! (and maybe I'll throw in a UCF photoblog or two between now and then). You know the drill, leave your comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment